14 June, 2024

More Of Not The Same.


Another weekend of this and that, not as much this as I'd like but you get what you can.


Sometimes you get more than you can hope for, sometimes you get gripped off horribly.

That's birding.



Anyways, the usual clickbait opener;

"Laaaaa!"

[In his head, anyway]

Yup, Ossie the Osprey [I am reliably informed that this is his name], a keen young chap who is keen to be the first Osprey to breed in Devon in recorded birding history. Just needs a female Osprey of the opposite sex who agrees with him. ;)


All that wing!





Very obliging of him to sit and pose long enough to try some digiscoping.   😄


I'd been engaging in some interior birding, but had to stop off for an hour or so to watch the birdie.


Elsewhere,

Best bird I got pixels on
[popped up while I was stalking the 4-spot]


Though non-birds were largely better-behaved,

Four-spotted Chaser

Blow this one up.
:)


Whilst dipping the Oriole [mutter mutter mutter] I did at least see a few assorted damsels and so on.








And while dipping Marsh Fritillary - bit of a run -  I saw my first Small Copper of the year, which actually sort of sat nicely. A bit.

 It's an orange and dark butterfly
sat on an orchid in a marsh,
I suppose...
 



And nearby a less well-behaved bee, new to my camera;

Bilberry Bumblebee

Very cute, but would not sit side on and then buzzed off at pace, the rascal.



I'm now off for my traditional solstice week away from work woohoo, though it's not started well as the promised squally showery day dawned to blazing sunshine, with nothing even vaguely wet in the air until getting on for six... 
But on the plus side, I did spend far too long cooing and taking a couple of hundred [no joke] pics of some new arrivals in my little skygarden, and once I've gone through them, cut the number down to 'vaguely reasonable' and then spent the hour or two it takes to upload, you'll see as well.
Not a new species, but well, I'm quite happy.

As to what's coming? Well, that's up to the weather behaving [hah hah], but I will do my best to keep things updated, if not so promptly here, then at least Over There.


And now it's far too late and so I shall



Be Seeing You...



No comments:

Post a Comment