31 May, 2016

A Sunny Long Weekend


Spent mostly looking about for something I really really really wanted to get a picture of.


I admit it, there would have been crowing.


But this was not to be. Ever the bashful, Lemmy The Lammergeier manged to keep well out of shot.



Oh well.



I did see some nice scenery and some cracking birds - though the former was far more co-operative in the getting photos stakes, I must say - and covered some turf I'd not trod in an age.

Instead of burbling on, I'm just going to inflict blindness show you;

Great Mis Tor

Middle and Great Staple Tors and Roos Tor


The upper Walkham valley and Great Mis Tor,
 from Great Staple Tor

The Cowsic valley, with North Hessary Tor in the background
from Lydford Tor

Fresh bones along the Cowsic..

Devil's Tor and The Beardown Man,
Fur Tor on the horizon


The Man

Again, Fur Tor on the horizon [Great Links is also visible from there]. What may well be a collapsed row in the foreground.
This shot also amply shows why he's the Beardown Man. [That's not an artifact or photoshopping..]


The U rated side





The Man and Great Mis Tor


He doesn't measure up in all directions, though.. ;) 


On the High Moor
Hare, Sharp, Great Links, and Fur Tors


More bait!


"Put me on your blog, human!"

This stallion [plus hanger-on] demanded attention when I was minding my own beeswax at Conies' Down Tor. He walked right up in front of me and stood there until I'd taken his picture, then wandered back over to his herd!

One more;

Cup marked stone
Now unfortunately part of a wall [and somewhat defaced by paint-wielding ignorants].


So, lots of possibly-even-pretty pictures and very few words.




Be Seeing You..



No comments:

Post a Comment