20 July, 2019

Patchy Post


Second in another double post, and all about the every day things. Well, the close by ones anyway.

Because it's not all swanning off into the horsefly-infested hinterlands, after all.

Ahem.


So, a visit to an allegedly butterfly-rich site close by and certainly on Patch, timed just before the weather remembered what Summer is supposed to be like here..!

I was looking for a few things, but found only one of one. It was a right bugger in the wind, but after far too long chasing to and fro, eventually I caught it;

Marbled White

::Sticking tongue out::

I certainly felt like a certain Coyote, I can tell you...

Also about, some more run of the mill specimens

Meadow Brown

Gatekeeper


The odd white also about, but that was it. Flowers find it harder to avoid view;

Greater Knapweed

Musk Thistles

Common Knapweed

Lady's Bedstraw


Coming soon- well, as soon as I wade through mountains [like 200.....] of shots of sea in the almost certainly vain hope of an actual bird. Ok, a bird I was aiming at; got a few passing Cormorants and so on. Yes, I've been seawatching again. At last.
I even saw some things, despite being a day late and a front short.

But this is all to come [oh, the antici.....pation]




Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment