13 July, 2019

At Home With All The Flying Things


For once I don't mean birds! Gasp!


Two arms to this; firstly, the assortment of insects attracted to my Hawthorn this Summer, due to those frelling tiny black ants and their aphid farming [they just won't stop and I won't take the drastic action* necessary to make them]. My poor Hawthorn suffers on..

Looks waspy but I think this is a bee sp.

Hoverfly sp. 1

Hoverfly sp. 2

Hoverfly sp. 3

Hoverfly sp. 4

Jasper
[ignoring the aphids, too]

Harlequin



Secondly, we have the results of a couple of warm nights, when I took ambles about checking the external lights - and internal walls - for moffs. Also, as it turns out, quite a few beetles!

Small Blood-vein

Dark Marbled Carpet

Macro micro sp.
maybe Garden Grass-veneer?


Scalloped Oak

Dwarf Cream Wave

Pearlescent micro

Snazzy stripey micro

?????
A macro micro spp.??

Presumably the same sp.,
photo'd 7/7 at more managable height

Nothing posing like this in my Waring/Townsend/Lewington,
but I'd not call this 'micro'!!


Small Dusty Wave

Riband Wave

Snout sp. - Bloxworth?

Riband Wave


Unusual view!
Small Dusty Wave, probably

Beetle!
Lagria lirta?

Er..

Riband Wave
variation

And another

Another

And again

It's a Pug
[Common?]

Small Scallop?
[Or another Riband Wave..!]

Buff Footman

Brimstone

Satin Beauty

Common Marbled Carpet

Old Lady?


Some tentatives, some not even that.. Moffs are complicated.

I have lots more - mostly waves - but this has to be put up at some point.


Be Seeing You...



[[*Ie. chemical warfare, which is a very indiscriminate, not to mention un-green way of doing things.]]

No comments:

Post a Comment