07 July, 2019

Red-veined Darters At Clennon


What's this? Factual, to the point posting about something in real recent history?

Who am I and what have I done with Tom??!?


Ahem.

It's very late, it's still too hot, I have a crick in my neck and I can't sleep.

Instead, I post this;

Red-veined Darter

Oh yes. That is almost good. :D

"I like this perch"

Azure Damselfly photobombs

R-v Darters ovipositing

That last not technically great, but what it shows..!!


At least 6 Red-veins present that I saw, [The Artist reckons 10+] and laying on two of the ponds, as well. Also shedloads of other odonata present, though the lone male Scarce Chaser defied all cameras, despite my giving it far too many hours...

EDIT: My Betters* have informed me that what I resignedly ID'd as a very old female BT Skimmer - abdomen spread to bask - was in fact a very old female Scarce Chaser; despite the olive thorax. I only discovered this when reunited with a fellow dragonfly chaser at the Blue-winged Teal in November... Oh dear. Well, if you're going to screw up, might as well do it properly, eh?


For those going 'huh?', Red-veined Darters are vagrants / very rare breeders in the UK. For a bird equivalent, think Great White Egrets nesting [in Devon], perhaps?



Yet another post in the queue, with ridiculous numbers of dragonfly pictures in it...


Be Seeing You...

[[*The Mighty Smallshire was Invoked and Judgement rendered.]]

No comments:

Post a Comment