18 July, 2019

Out For A Walk


No chasing anything, no looking for anything, just out getting some weekend exercise up on t'Moor.


Ok, so I took my li'l scope with me, but I almost always do that. Yes, I spent a fair while scanning from spots with a view in case anything happened to be flying around, but again I do that normally.


And in about two hours of skywatching I got exactly one soaring bird and yes that was a Buzzard.


But this was about a gentle amble in the [too hot] sunshine. Only about 12km, though it did involve a piece of fair-sized scenery, namely this;

Ryder's Hill

Not much up there, to be honest, excepting one very notable thing; the view.

The next step's a doozy...
Teign estuary from Ryder's

How's that for a view? Despite the haze.  Take bins when you go up. :)

Gotta have a Hawthorn

On Holne Lee

Closer to, a few things were unable to avoid me;

Meadow Brown

Large Skipper

More typical pose

Small Heath
Loads about

I think this is the same moth sp.
I saw with Matt on Friday,
but what is it??

Even less sure about the ID, as this does look a lot like that moth [see last post]. Not looking like anything, really. Less Dusky Scalloped Oak [which was always the dreaded 'closest I can find in season'...], but not a Brown Silver-line [see my Aish post for one of those] either, which is the closest heath etc. sp. I can find. Ho hum, limitations of books and so on...???


Big boss Hoverfly sp.

Bog Asphodel

This one I'm sure of! :)

Mipit

ID Challenge!
[love dodgy fledges from odd angles]

Yes, that is a blue double decker bus
in a small clearing near Buckie


You never know what you're going to find.. :)


Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment