25 June, 2018

First Up; Time To Apply Witch Hazel


Having read tales of woe on twitter from certain of Devon's Finest, I have to share my sympathies for their plight. Indeed, I have joined the ranks, being tagged twice in three days.


It has been an odd year for insects, with many out early or hanging on late, some in vast numbers, some worryingly scarce. One of the former is unfortunately a teeming horde of patterned Dracula-impersonators. Yes, I type of Horseflies.

They fly with grace and no small delicacy, have beautiful eyes, and their wings are impressively marked as well.


But oh ye Gods and Little Fishes are they a both metaphorical and very much literal pain in the everywhere!


So, to perhaps make all of you involuntary blood donors out there feel a little better, I present ::Scary drum roll:: Horseflies........
Aish Tor shirt infiltrators!
[One getting hit rather more thoroughly;
they are the same sp.]

Bystock attempted lunch-interrupter

That nosilife stuff really works fast...


Yes, rather morbid, but this is the only way to truly appreciate their beauty without suffering painful consequences.

[Photographing males on flowers doesn't count!]


I'm not one for massacring wild animals, and will shepherd flies out of my home if at all possible. I'll repel, cover, and leg it if I can, but Horseflies are very persistent, so sometimes you just have to say "You or me, sister"...


And on that cheery note, I bid you au-revoir.


Be Seeing You...


[Happier postings will follow.]

No comments:

Post a Comment