11 June, 2018

That Definition Of Madness


Has always made little sense to me.

After all, 'If at first you don't succeed...' and all that.


This is made relevant by my unwillingness to give up on chequered butterflies of soggy areas.

And some helpful soul putting online a photo of one taken where I'd been and failed last weekend...


Yes, I went back. Yes, I tried very hard to find exactly where that photo was taken. Yes, I even managed to find somewhere I didn't even know to check the time before, where somebody else had seen them the day before.





Yes, I failed again.




In an attempt to make this blog more user-friendly, I will refrain from any of the naughty words that sprang to mind at the time.

The effort was by no means wasted, though, with a few things of note.
You know what's coming;

Lots of these about

A Fritillary in a Marsh

Small Pearl-borders were quite plentiful,

They're taking the mick

Miles to go, Little Miss Muffet

Hordes of these now

Very well named

Broad-bodied Chaser

Oh yes, oh very yes.  :D

Ok, that's the pretty stuff, now for some others

Hoverfly sp.

Mistle Thrush

Best bird;

Spotted Flying catcher!
[Groan]


Anyway, it looks like my unspoken plan to get all of Devon's butterflies* on record this year is toast. Drat and double drat.
Well, there's always next year - didn't I say that to myself last year? - when that time, yes that time, I will definitely be ready and not get plague at the worst moment and the weather will behave and I'll still be able to go after the Duke as well.


Perchance to dream.


Be Seeing You...





[[*That can be accessed by the ordinary public, so not including Large Blue or Heath Frit...]]

No comments:

Post a Comment