28 June, 2018

Thrice Chasing Flutterbies


Rather than go into the various places I went chasing assorted butterflies over the week, I'm just going to put up some pretty pictures.

Yeah, even though the 'all in one year' is toast, I still want to see a few, so off we go, with [if I remember rightly] all new for here for the year!

Marbled White
[Patch]

Large Skipper
[Patch]

Yes, another was in the teaser, but I care not.

Small White
[Patch]

Small Tortoiseshell
[Aish]

Comma
[Bystock]

Meadow Brown
[Aish]

Essex Skipper [!]
[Bystock]

Small Skipper
[Bystock]

Six-Spot Burnet
[Bystock]

Five-Spot Burnet
[Bystock]

Silver-studded Blue
[East Devon Commons]

High Brown Fritillary
[Aish]

Dark Green Fritillary
[Aish]


Wood White
[Meeth]


I might do 'proper' posts at a later date, I will do another like this for the insane dragonfly action I've had; 15 spp. at Bystock, with Downy Emerald, Hairy Dragonfly, and Common Hawker out together!?! And I got one of those three fast-moving non-stoppers on record [just]!
Which one? The one I've never caught on camera before.


Be Seeing You...



No comments:

Post a Comment