06 June, 2018

Gardenalia


It's a word.


There has been much activity in my little skygarden recently.. Something about the time of year, perhaps? Though not all of it is exactly welcome - while I know it is not entirely proper, I do not approve of Herring Gulls trying to nick the stuff I'm putting out for the Blackbirds [or the Feral and Wood pigs. Or the Magpies] - it is certainly ongoing, and that I think is a good thing.

So far I've seen two different broods of Greenfinch, Blackbird, and Coal Tit arrive; with Great and Blue Tits, Robin, GSW, and Nuthatch clearly provisioning nearby. Though only Greenfinch brood 1 had more than two juveniles, which is less good.

Getting pictures of rapidly moving - not least due to begging! - juvs is even trickier than just adults, plus with up to five species in at once, getting an angle on one without disturbing something else is tricky.. And the feeders need moving about, the fat doesn't like full sunshine, the water needs topping up hourly some days.. Ah, the pains of it all..!

It's been great.

Right then, a few piccies, spread over a while, so excuse the variety of light and sogginess!

GSW
[Is that a brood patch?]

::Peck peck:: 
"I can see them, but why can't I get them??"
1cy Greenfinch

Nuthatch!

Just too cute
1cy Coal Tit

"Feeeeeed meeee!!"

"That woody made it look much easier.."

"It is if you do it sideways"
1cy Blackbird [brood 1]

"Q'Pla!"*

Two for one on baby Coal Tits

Mealworms are serious when you're that small

Great Tit
throwing out all the seeds** to get at the suet, 
the bugger


And finally, because I can't resist more of them, yet another cute ickle Coal Tit...







Yeah. Sickening, aren't they? ;)




Be Seeing You...



[[*This is an awful Klingon joke. I apologise.]]
[[**Yes, even the fancy new seeds hold no appeal.. I hold on to the hope of Goldfinches.]]


No comments:

Post a Comment