30 October, 2018

Patch Melange


All manner of gubbins from about the Patch, with a variety of photos of the less-sexy bits [as usual service has resumed re: me and anything vaguely approaching interesting]

Scarychurch steeple

Taken after being stopped by an odd-calling phyllosc that turned out to be the inevitable Chiffchaff...

Variety at Tessier

Colour vision test tree

Up close

The rare Technicolour Tree

"Got the pose, where's the snow?"

Still loads of Ladybirds

..And other insects

Right, time to look up.

Winter Is Coming

That breaking wave of cloud being the leading edge of the Arctic air mass coming down last week.

Red Cloud

Yellow sky in the morning..
..time to go birding! :)

That sky is in focus

The sky is burning

Oh me

Oh my

Quite something, that.


As for actual proper written news: Well, I was again surprised yesterday morning on my way to work as I once more had to evade a Hedgehog in the road! Different road, but come on. These are the first two live Hedgehogs I've seen in this country [I did some checking; the only other one was on a long-past hollyday in France. So there you go.], on consecutive Mondays...

Elsewhere and elsewise, I've heard rather than seen Redwings and Fieldfares for the most part, and today another bit of audiomig as at least two Brambling seemed to be circling right overhead [could I get eyes on them? Could I f] - so again after a long wait, it's like buses, isn't it?

No showy striped ones yet, but the odd vocalisation to tease me. One day I will get photos again. One day.


Coming up, a post about a little trip out into the Icy Blast with the Folks which your ears will be relieved to learn does not come in Audio [There were sheep. Lots of sheep. Oh dear], though will come with some quite scenic pictures.


Be Seeing You...


No comments:

Post a Comment