20 August, 2020

Wait... How Long?!?!!!


Life, weather, chavs.. These are some of the pathetic excuses reasons why I've been neglecting the Patch - well, the Nose anyway - recently. And by 'recently' I mean for far too long. Yes, high summer is the worst time to be there due to very low likelihood of seeing anything interesting outside of seawatching conditions. Which we haven't had recently when I can get there. But anyway, I finally dragged myself there at a reasonable hour, found it - fishers aside - quite quiet [at least at first, only two cars on double yellows] and even found the odd migrant. I even got a halfway decent picture of one.


Ok, you can pick yourselves up now.

I suppose I ought to start with the advert;

Things Are Looking Up
[or 'Wowzer, Those Feets!']

Things Are Looking Down

The pictures do not do those feets justice. They were shining bright eggyolk yellow! I do love a nice Willow Warbler. [Ok, yes, I like all warblers. {Even Garden Warblers} ]

Now then, same area, few minutes earlier;

Blob bird


A more typical photo, when I can even get the thing in view...


Aaaaaaaaargh!

Surprise gull!!

[I'm soooo eeeeeevil]

This long-winged thing stood out with a white bum contrasting a neat tail band and very pale head with 'black eye' smudge, behind a nice chunky black bill. Then it flew right over me, I got this one shot and it was gone.

Can you see why I said a norty word or two when I looked at the picture [ok, actually a bit beforehand..]?



[[All together now; "It's aaaaaaaaalways a Herring Gull!"]]


I will now stop being mean to poor readers and instead show them things that are easier to look at.

Honeysuckle

Hemp Agrimony

Eyebright

Nice pair.. [graooooan]

Vegetation on-site much safer [!] [yes, despite all the vandalism] than off-, as the council have been at it again..

IMD by the Nose

The only area I could bear to photo. Every local verge and green space [bar a few patches of 'butterfly areas'] has been mown to mud repeatedly and of course, the cuttings left on.

Ahem.

Different eyesores

What a beauty...

ZZZzzzzzzZZZZzzzz

Grey Seal is unimpressed. "Wake me up when you've got ten of 'em..."

Just taking a swim to the Ore Stone and back..!!

Three endurance swimmers plus support boat. Despite their towing bright buoys behind them, the rib was necessary to stop a powerboat [which wasn't going that fast, either] running them down.. FFS, does nobody pay attention any more?

Hello gorgeous...

Look up, look down, you'll see so many beautiful things.

Like the first waxcap of the season.  :)  This one is Nitrous Waxcap; pale, fairly crowded - for a waxcap - gills, and stem darkening towards base are good signs in picture {smell is even better in field}, as is the date [Meadows tend out later], though the way the stem thins towards the base is a Meadow indicator. As you can tell by the Bracken, 'twas dinky!


And on that lovely note, I shall


Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment