17 November, 2021

Holne At Last! Pt.2, Winter Is Coming


I've told you about all the fun I had up above Holne - Holne Lee, Holne Moor, and the Mardle valley - but I haven't included a lot of the pictures I took. Not the birds, as you will [painfully] recall, I didn't have much joy; flyovers and close range surprises are like that...

I did find a few other things, and oh yes, it's another post full of frickin' fungi..!!!!!!


[It's that time of year. Get over it]


And the title? Well, I was delighted to find these, you see;

Geoglossum cookeanum?

Which I thought at the time were Dead Man's Fingers [or more accurately Dead Moll's Fingers] and I'm sure you get the reference...

I looked them up in the Big White Book and, well, perhaps Earthtongue seems to fit better. But I'm not dropping my title!

Another angle;

Not flattened, so maybe DM'sF after all??
[Could be on buried wood, tree right there]

This was a Venford Mine, a great site for Autumn fungi and Summer ticks..! [Yikes]

Speaking of the former;

Hygrocybe reidii

Butter Waxcap

H. persistens

Dusky Puffball

Panaeolus papilionaceus

Black Milking Bonnet


I think that's enough to be going on with.


Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment