23 March, 2022

The Second One


Considering how much my head was hurting when I wrote most of this post, I think this is quite good.


The second day, the second principle of birding, and indeed the second individual of the sp. I'm going to be talking about and indeed showing you!




I started by taking an opportunity to look about the northern part of the Patch, looking for sheltered rocky bits which may have contained Wheatears.



Massive spoiler alert: they didn't.



Chiffchaffs were singing, which was nice.


Then the inevitable news of something arriving. An allegedly showy Garganey at Exminster demanded a look, over and above yearlisting requirements.

It wasn't there.


I did not give up, unlike other disappointeds, and after 90 minutes or so of reposition, scan, reposition, scan [etc. et-frickin' cetera] in a blowing hoolie and blazing sunshine [neither of which help looking for small birds on water]

But eventually, I found one of my very own [turned out to be 3 present]. It was even awake.....


Even swimming!

Albeit not for very long...

Also;

Stealth Ruff

Sand Martin
[honest!]


I'm afraid I'm a little under the weather right now - not even C19..! - so I'm cutting this short.
I do have more to post, and will be getting to it when staring at a screen doesn't make my bonce start aching..



Be Seeing You...




[Though not up close for a while..]

No comments:

Post a Comment