30 March, 2022

Caught Between Immovable Object And Unstoppable Force

 
Was how my head felt last Tuesday as I suffered the effects of plague while hitting the Nose after work.
Said plague had opened up on Sunday evening and still holding on at time of writing.
Not covid, oh no - negative test laughs at me - just a markedly evil cold feeling very much the need to live up to more successful cousin.... Not even serious enough to keep my from work, even, just to stop me enjoying myself.
 
 
The Veteran had clearly had the same idea as me, but he outpaced me so we never spoke. Yup, not on good form; that was the worst day, looking back, so maybe I broke it. A bit.
 
More positive - only positive - was how I did catch La Starte Nigra in the open and zap her again;
 
 
Peekaboo, 
I see you...
 
This indeed proved to be the highlight of the visit.
 
 
No Wheatears, or anything else migrantly attractive.
 
 
I tried again on Friday and Sunday - losing Saturday to my head and Monday to work - with the same result -the BlackRed.
 
Only very still things were caught;
 
Is it Spring?
 
Ask a Weevil

Or a bumblebee!

That a queen Buff-tailed, looking for a nest site; my windchimes did not measure up [thankfully!]. Buff-taileds have been very much in evidence, also a smaller spp. which has teased me repeatedly while not allowing even a blurred photo.. Tut.

 
Anyways, work [as well as getting between me and a Spake... grr] produced something newsworthy yesterday; a male Blackbird with a billfull of small worms!?! FF already! Well, I suppose the weather's been so mild, they might as well...


Ok, enough of this.



I do have more to say, might even get to it?


Be Seeing You...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment