02 April, 2022

Spring Is Here At Last


After far far too long, with many interventions by inclement weather and even more inclement head, I have finally made it into Spring.


Yes, the first confirmed* Wheatear at Hope's Nose!!

Wheatear!!!!!!

:D

Wheatears strike poses, they're lovely;

"This is definitely my good side"


More surprisingly [though at a more appropriate date for a first one] was a Redstart in the upper South Side. Calling and being unhelpful, it was still pre-Wheatear, and I really didn't expect to ever be saying that!
The Black version was still loitering about the Sandy Beach, and the Eider likewise about the Oysterbeds. No Sarnies down here - the sea was very quiet - though the Guilles are back on the Ore Stone ledges. Chiffchaffs and Blackcaps in song are multiplying in numbers and extent.

Also out now;

Bloody-nosed Beetle

But is the sheen
purple or green?


Shining Cranesbill

Summery Rockit


I wasn't alone at the Nose this morning, with no less than 4 birders on site; positively crowded! The sunshine was warm and the wind, though toothily cold, nowhere near as strong as expected [for once]. We were more than half-expecting a Swallow or two in/off, but no dice.

I slowly staggered home [[Oh, did I forget to mention? I've twoinged my intercostals again. Still got that plague, too... Yeah, so much fun. But it has to be kept gently moving.   ]] to have my afternoon interrupted twice by 'air raid' alarms going off. The first one even had the Buzzards up, but could I get on it? Could I f-

Drat. Again.



But still. WHEATEAR!!!!!

:D


Be Seeing You...





[[* As far as I am aware, these are the first photos of Wheatear at Hope's Nose this year.
'Pics or it didn't happen' goes both ways. :P ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment