25 April, 2022

Tarting About t'Moor Looking For Year Ticks


Though the Patch has been dealing a fair few, I've been off away - and not just partaking in wild duck warbler chases - looking for this that and the other..


Sometimes even seeing them.


Flyd Piecatcher

This dear thing was not my first of the year, but came along while I was sat waiting [with rations] in the vain hope of Something Else.

Also near that failure,

Tree Pipit

So so close. So so upSun.....

"Laaa!"


"Cu-ckoo!"

Now that one's a year tick. :)


So's this!

[Devon, that is... Ahem.]

Whinchat!

I do so love Whinchats.


I did a little gentle yomping on Friday, as my ribs felt better so I thought it perspicacious to start getting back into shape. Turns out the ribs were faking it and gleefully started acting up again. Bugger.

Things got even more interesting as I - while well away from my car and not long after finally catching up with that Whinchat - got a text from the Teacher concerning a Jack Snipe he'd found. Tarting about in the open* on Exminster. [The Jack, that is, not the Teacher.!]
Ah.

What happened next?


Well, the next post may well reveal.... Something.
Will it be mud, gateposts and no birds, or maybe feathered things upon said?


Oh, the suspense.



Be Seeing You...


[[* They do not do this. Also they vanish when named, being Quantum Birds.**]]
[[** Thus again clearly demonstrating the Power of The Artefact... ::Ominous Chanting:: ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment