18 April, 2022

Deja-vu. Again.


Another day after Nights.
Another report of a needed yeartick in duck form.
Another ill-advised twitch.

Another lack of communication of a vital detail.


Another frickin' dip.



Here's what was visible at Dawlish Warren;



Yeah...

Despite having posted that, I didn't see nothing.
[No, I'm not apologising for that sentence. Read it and know a fraction of my suffering*. :p ]

A Whimbrel flew by and into the Exe very close in, and at least a half dozen Sarnies were more heard than seen. More seen than heard were 4 Common Terns - which I'd almost certainly heard earlier at the Nose! - which were very welcome. That, however, was it. The fog had not only not cleared but thickened, and then it got even worse.


Mutter mutter mutter.


That miscommunication I mentioned? The LTD [with a flock of C Scoter] that I was looking for was, in fact, a fly-through. Small detail, two little words would have helped; want of a nail and all that.

Oh well.



Patchy posts with actual pictures of birds and things will follow.


Be Seeing You...



[[* No, not sadism. Art. :) ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment