19 April, 2022

And Now For Something Completely Similar. Pt.1, The Fog....


With my intercostals still healing, I am restricted to light duty [attempts at not so light duty having Consequences]. No running around lugging rucksacks over t'Moor or Big Scopes here, there, and everywhere  [I can get away with brief short distances, though].

Bashing the Patch is of course good for the karma and sometimes even the Yearlist, so silver linings and all that, eh?


Getting on with it.


Like it says up there.



Nice viewing conditions for birders with thermal optics...
 
Assorted Eiders and Puffins have been sitting on the sea at ranges varying from 'How far?!?'  to 'Oh come on.....' - at least when I've been there. I shall spare you blobs - no matter how well-witnessed their taking was - and instead unleash this upon your poor eyes;
 
OoooOOOOoooohh!!!

These are actually subadult males, but only came within a kilometre while totally upsun [yes, even with the fog, still silhouetted by it...].

Other birds showed a leeetle closer;

Willow Warbler
[moving rapidly]

Wheatear
[bit distant in fog]

Whimbrel
[said I'd show you
a better one!]


Puffins, Manxies, Common Scoters, Brent Geese [!] [[Ok, I saw one, and flying with a Canada Goose of all thiings.. And going South?!? ]] and almost entirely Sandwich Terns have been flying by. On Saturday there were 2 Puffins sat on the sea, one of which flew off South and then another flew by while no. 2 was still under the baleful gaze of The Artefact...! Super thick fog on Thursday hid many passing terns, of which one group were Commons by call. I am pretty sure - due to low numbers passing, if nothing else - that they were the 4 which passed close inshore at Dawlish Warren a couple of hours later while I was looking in vain for non-existant ducks.. [Ahem]


Right, enough of this. I will continue the Fun soon!


[Heh heh heh...]


Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment