16 April, 2022

Overdue Patch Post


Ooops, totally forgot I needed to write this..!


Ahem.


Grinding on the Patch - almost entirely at the Nose - has led to a few migrants in the last week [not this weekend, this is an overdue post, remember]. It's not all been cursing the idiocy of my fellow semi-evolved apes.   Not all.


Right, how's this for starters?

Wheatear!

My second of the year - I'm on 3 so far as of now... - striking a lovely pose for me. :D

Brown and white blur
Whimbrel!

Flushed off the rocks at Sandy Point and zipped off North.
[I will be putting better Whimbrel shots up soon. Honest.]

Bluebell!!

Portland Spurge


That Whimbrel and Wheatear followed an hour's seawatch on the 10th. 100/23 Manx, 6 Sarnie, 30 Gannet, 18 Guillemot, 7 Razorbill, and 1 Fulmar were the passing birds between 18- and 1900!
[This after my head attacked again but was unusually defeated before the sun set. The Teacher had had 'lots of Manxies' so I was determined!]

Another go early the next afternoon gave 15 Sarnies heading north in 10 minutes, accompanied by a gull smaller than they were; Little Gull! Looked like a 2cy but didn't have much on the upperwings so might have been a not-very-hoody 3cy. Little Gulls have been knocking about Lyme Bay all winter [it seems to me, at least] but I've kept not seeing them, so this was most satisfying. I didn't get much else, though an influx of singing Chiffs and Blackcaps - well inland not just coastal - was noticable.

Let's have something else new;

It's a Bee.
Despite the book,
I can't ID it...


Keeping on keeping on.


Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment