02 June, 2023

Blue Alert!


Yes, I'm changing the bulb.



Woo.




So I read a report of a certain kind of butterfly on Patch. At my next practical convenience I went there and had a looksee.



And oh what did I see?


Ah, the Australian subspecies.


"Ooh, me head's all spinning...."


Woooooooooo!!!!!!!!

And not just one.

I have proof;

Dodged the birdy

"Yeah, and I'm ready if
he tries it again, too!"


Also caught on camera;

"I'll get you next time, cully"*


[I think this photo really should have had a post all to itself, but the Editor disagreed]


Red-and-black Froghopper

White and black leaf flutterer

AKA Large White. Lurking in the lane, which is why it isn't burnt out.


Bee sp.

Er...

Why are bees so hard? 
 
Hard in a different way, the Wall.

Lots of them about, too

More problems. Moth being very unhelpful in the grass. It's not a Silver Y [for once], but what it actually is....??? Underwings VERY rarely shown. It just would not let me see its topside, the fiend.
Best pic;

Moth ID challenge!

Bugeye Daisy

Pale Flax

Yellow Rattle

Long-stalked Cranesbill

Kidney Vetch


I have far too many assorted flowers and so on, and I really ought to just post this, so I'll just add a couple more...

Hiding in a corner

And well, I have to;

Yes

Yes...


Yes!

I got pixels on three ['Horseshoe Vetch', 'Kidney Vetch', and 'Badass in the grass'], with a conservative 5+ flying.


Oh boy.




Be Seeing You...








[[* This is a quote, an old quote, but I can't remember where from.... ?? ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment