14 June, 2023

Wonderful Lime Hawkmoth Post


And who was it who was just moaning about a paucity of good or indeed any moffs?



Yeah, shutting up about that now...


Lime Hawkmoth!!

Oh hellz yes!

Wow.

Sat on a concrete step and seemed unwilling or unable to leave ["The liiiiiiight... It's so beautiful....."] so after a day and a bit, I coaxed it onto my fanger [quite some weight to it, too] and relocated to a handy nearby Lime Tree where it was far less likely to get accidentally squished or make a Blackbird's month.!


The shift from dryzabone to horridly muggy produced results and here are a few [apologies for awful resolutions on some, they do like nasty dark corners]

Treble Brown Spot

[I had no idea this was supposed to be rare/non-existant in Devon, I get them every year...?!?]

Single-dotted Wave

['Confusion species' for the above]

Now while we're on confusions... Here's one I'm stumped by;

Presumably a big micro...??


And one I'm not;

Brimstone!


I think these look far more sulphurous than the butterfly, not to mention the flame effects! 
 
I'd like to re-name the butterfly, perhaps Primrose? A better description of the colour, and reflecting their early flying season.




Don't all agree at once...





Ahem.


Ok, getting on with it.


Riband Wave

Wormwood Pug

Brindled Pug

Garden Carpet

Acleris sp.?
 
Also,

A very showy

Buff Tip


And as the necessary NotAMoff;

Red & Black Rhopalid


One day I'll get a Firebug.....



But,    What. A. Moth.





:D




Be Seeing You...



[[Finally, a "Hi there!" to all the good folks in Singapore, among whom my little blog has become very popular in the last few days {Is insanity contagious out there..??} ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment