06 June, 2023

Lights On And Off


A couple of trips up to sort of nearby heathland in search of this and that...

This

 Not perhaps the primary target, but very welcome when one poses like this! 
 
These weren't primary target, either, but present in pleasing numbers [unlike t'Moor's edge in recent visits, including at a site they used to be pretty much nailed-on at.. 😔 ]

"Little bit of bread...

...and no...

...cheeeeeeeese"


Ahem.

Field Cuckoo Bee? on
Rough Hawkbit


I did a bit of skywatching, but aside from the usual Buzzards, the only thing of note was a zoompast Hobby [which is why I'm not specifying where I was]. My hoped for target was very not seen, but worth a try.


Not that far away, at a slightly darker time of day,



6 churring male Nightjar [at least 2 seen, one circled me and set down in the tree I was stood next to; very noisy! :D ] and 2 flypast frog-calling females at this also nameless site.




Mostly* a very nice couple of trips out.




Be Seeing You...





[[* The stereotypical loose growling dog with abusively insecure in his masculinity owner... ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment