25 July, 2023

You're Going To Love This. Pt.1, Bugs, Bugs, Everywhere...


When the weather here wasn't behaving for seawatching, I was looking for what else I could find.


Birds?

Ho ho ho....
 
 
Ok, some birds later, but right now, we're smaller and closer.


Small Copper

I am so very fond of Small Coppers, and finding one feeling helpful at the Nose was a trip-maker.
[Yes, yes, I walked there, but still]

Also quite satisfying was this,

Painted Lady
 
Just along IMD.

Back to the Nose, and something fun;

Spot the Wall

There it is!

See?

And!

No, it can't be...

... Wall onna flower!!??!!

On Lesser Hawkbit and Hawkweed Oxtongue.
[You - or at least I - never see Walls doing anything other than lurking in sunny spots or bombing about after other butterflies. They have to nectar, obviously, but, well....]


Common Blue

All blues are Glorious.
Skippers are all characters, fritillaries are ones to hunt

6 Spot Burnet
[only Burnet I saw]

[Southern?] Green Shield Bug
[pale wing membrane]

Gorse Shieldbug

Black Groundbug


Tachinid fly and Soldier Beetle


And not just while the Sun drattedly shone, either;

Rather damp bush cricket mymph

Very damp Alder Sawfly




Coming up, part 2, with- Well I'm sure you can guess?

:)



Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment