22 September, 2023

Arabella II The Revenge!!


Oh dear oh dear oh dear...



"Rooooaaaarrr!!"


Ahem.


Somewhat scarier were the large numbers of black horrors zipping about t'Moor;

These

are all different

Devil's Coach Horse Beetles!



But I am perhaps getting a little ahead of myself.


One of my yearly objectives, and in particular for my little end of summer hollydays, is to get to Fur Tor.


You know, this place,

Fur Tor!

I had the place to myself [well, myself and the Ravens and the Wheatears and all the hirundines passing by.. oh and His Majesty's Finest, who were getting their dakka on {That latter may have something to do with the former, also why I had to take the scenic route to go around Merrivale Range} :) ]
 
On Cut Hill,
looking back
 

Fur Tor.
Just inside Okie


20km rather than the usual 18, with an enforced summiting of Cut Hill for 'good' measure.

Worth it for the solitude, though!



I mentioned Wheatears... I saw 9. Woo and so on.

Observe,

Like the name says

Actually at Fur Tor

Proper posing

Heading back up Cut Hill,
wait, what's that...??

Awwww.....

I made a large detour left* to avoid flushing this little darling.



Round-leaved Sundew

Immature Black Darter..

..a male


Hirundines over Sandy Gate



It was wonderful, up there.

:D





Be Seeing You...







[[* Right would have put me in Merrivale Range, of course.]]

No comments:

Post a Comment