28 September, 2023

At The Nose. Pt.1, So Where's All the Good Stuff At?


Saturday - and yes, I'm going in chronological order so you'll have to be patient for the gloating - and I dragged myself out of bed and wandered over to the Nose.
[Perhaps I should have been up before dawn and driving far far away, but I - again lacking any prescience - hadn't checked ANY national bird news. Yes, really.*]


So to the Nose, where it is the time of year to be checking bushes for who knows what beauties that may be lurking therein...

Whitethroat

Also a fair few Chiffchaffs. Not exactly a Vireo, but better than a kick up the arse, at least.


Erse, you say?

One

Two, three

Four!

Kudos to The Veteran for that last one, btw.

Wheatear: "Yikes"

Sprawk!

Also being all sexy overhead;

Spitfire!!


:D

Oyks

Garden Spider

Ivy Bee

Loads around

Sometimes one poses


A bit of seawatching with The Irregulars gave me 2 Balearics and 3 Arctic Skuas, also passing [and much easier to photo] were

36 Canada Geese

Wow.



Well, there was always next time, right? And with ex- Hurricane Nijel the Destroyer Nigel on the way, who knows what might turn up?





Hmm....



Be Seeing You...








[[* No, really. Don't forget, luddite here. Also I was a bit knackered and a lot distracted.  Yes, I twitch, but I'm not {that} obsessed.**]]
[[** For those less-interested, a handy passing ex-hurricane deposited a variety of ridiculously rare american birds, some of which were even reachable by me {just}, on our shores ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment