10 September, 2023

Variety


The uptick in heat and downtick in rain has helped a few moffs to get out and about, and while there's not huge variety in species, [let alone huge numbers, not any more...] there is a fair variety in the quality of shots my deranged camera will let me take. Including if it will let me take pictures at all, sometimes...

Anyways, here's a few,

Portland Ribbon Wave

Much better than previous efforts!

Another, not too bad.


Yellow-barred Brindle

Light Emerald


One day I'll get a Large....

Yellow Shell

Large Yellow Underwing

Could this be a worn immigrant
Lewes Wave?

Brought over with the continental air mass in the September heatwave?


Mullein Wave


Snout
[very dark one]

Realllllly dark one. I used flash and upped the brightness, to little avail.


Mecyna asinalis

Same sp., more light

This is one of those 'technically a micro but FFS' species. You know, like these things;

Lazy Hedgers' Woe*

For those who haven't seen one, it's about the size of a Peacock butterfly!

Anyways,

Angle Shades

Brimstone



I have various Crambids [some quite well-focussed, and several species, even ::gasp:: but I suppose I'll spare you [this time].


I also have post Up on t'Moor [or is it posts? I can't remember, 'tis too hot...] but sticking two up is my limit for today.




Be Seeing You...






[[* My preferred name for Box Tree Moth, which can devastate quick-growing but non-native hedging plants. My response is  'Plant frickin' Holly or Beech!'       Ahem. ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment