13 September, 2023

Arabella Miller


Once upon a time, many years ago



[Well, that's how it seems, bit behind and all]


I went for a wander and met a hairy caterpillar.

I did not put it on my Mother
[and I don't have a baby Brother]

I did find myself reciting the rhyme on and off for the rest of the day though...


Ahem.


I was up thattaway,

Looking NE over the Cowsic

The opposite view

Looking back from Devil's Tor

Devil's Mire looks so innocuous, doesn't it?

:)


But I had a Purpose, a Target, Somewhere To Be.


Oh yes.


I have more than once mentioned the standing stones of t'Moor. My favourite Circle [White Moor], my favourite Row [Hingston Hill, you saw it last time out], and now for my favoutite Standing Stone.



Long time readers know what's coming, the Innocent, look away now...

The Beardown Man

Fur Tor in the distance

He's a Big Boy


Behave? Moi?

Hail to the Sun

He's just a big rock...

o:)



Switching pace, get a load of the landform;

From Coney's Down Tor

Just look at the Cowsic!
Ach, the joy of unglaciated fluviality...


Ahem.


Ok, birds, you want birds?


Wheatear at Beardown

Whinchat by the Cowsic

Common Hawker

Finger wasp

Goblet Waxcap


My best sighting alas managed to slither under a handy slab of granite just as I was drawing my camera; a ~30cm, thumb-thick male Adder



Ah, if only...




It was a nice amble, and not that soggy, really.





Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment