19 March, 2019

Moor Like Winter


Another gentle amble, and what a contrast from last month. Where February seemed more like August, what with all the sun and tweety birds everywhere, mid-March is acting more like January.

There was wind, snow, hail, and good hard rain. Joy.

[You already know I'm nuts, stop staring]

I only took an amble up to Bellever Tor, sat around with lunch [hoping mayhaps for the weather to be nice and maybe even something to appear - ha ha] then wandered about the plantation some.
I, being not entirely naive in such matters, took plenty of useful kit, most useful in this case being the bumbleshoot [the old one, not the Big Boss one I use seawatching]. Very few are the rocks you can sit next to to get shelter and be fully protected from frisky swirly rain. Unless you have a brolly. :)

A few pictures;

Shrike dream a pipe dream?

Or something quartering?

Well...

It was sneaking up behind me

Frozen rain, this time

Birdlife was pretty much winter settings, apart from a few singing Siskin and Chaffinch. A Roe Deer was too quick to photo, and well, that was about it. It was nice to be out with just the wind for company, though.

On the way back home, I stopped off in the hope that the weather would relent and maybe I'd find a Wheatear..

Vitifer in the.. er, Spring?

But then I looked upwind and, well;

Two kinds of Water;
A mountain over a Hill

Incoming...


So no Wheatears, let alone nice wintering spp. for me, but these are the hours you put in.


Be Seeing You...


No comments:

Post a Comment