09 March, 2019

Surprise!


I got a surprise last week.


What is for my little skygarden a very rare species turned up. Even better; not one but two of them, and they've hung around! Even sighted today!*

Now, before you start getting twitchy, let alone mutter about suppression, you'd better see what I mean;

House Sparrow!
 
Gratuitous utc shot..!



I've had House Sparrow exactly twice from Home in my time here, so having two hanging around is quite a surprise. It's been a bit of a mystery, as the Village seems like prime territory [and Spadgers and Swifts tend to go together]. Anyways, they're here, they're trying to beat up everything smaller than a Blackbird [they need two on one to face the Robin, and even then it's on!] and they're as far as trying the Blackbird trick on the fat feeder;

"To be fair, even the Magpies can do this"

Also on Patch;

Green shoots

Green Alkanet

Another of those mornings

 This is to miss out on various other things which really ought to have their own posts. Something which in better circumstances I would have at least partially rectified today, but well, Reality doesn't care what you want...

I shall hopefully soon be posting about a sunny bit of Patch Patrol, a very sideways rain bit of fun with Freya [yes, very prompt, my posting], and getting rained on in the pursuit of Wild[ish] Geese.
Yes, a Pun is coming. No, it won't help if you run.

Be Seeing You...
 [[*They made the mistake of splitting up and the Robin regulated.. ;) ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment