07 August, 2021

More From The Nose


Keeping on, looking for things, finding other things.
This is, as you may have guessed from the lack of torrential rain and so forth, from last weekend. Because prompt posting provokes problems. [Life sees you being all organised and together and goes "Challenge accepted!"]

So, yes, over to the Nose [shock]. Looking for migrating birdies and not finding any more than a Chiff or two, I turned attention to what I could find.


Mostly Six-spot Burnet Moffs, this time....


Common Blue

Pretty pretty

6-spot Burnet Moth
 
 
One of 56 individuals I photographed... [Don't doubt me or I WILL post them all.....] At least 70 in flight on site!!

Slightly less fresh...

Flasher!!


Birds? What are those??

Oh... Yeah.

Actually, I did have a very nice juv YLG candidate, but due to gratuitous flushing by of all things a kayak fisher, I have no good photo. And I'm not posting a photo until I get one nobody can bitch about on twitter.  :P


Better news in the form of a juvenile Kestrel - seen very well, thank you - which flew over here with 'attending' Crows and a Magpie late last Friday afternoon. Now, how far it had come is... well, a matter of speculation. Also sighted, a juvenile Nuthatch atop my kitchen tree on Sunday, which just got out of the way of the camera [curses!].
Work, car issues, injuries, and the legs thing [it just isn't letting up; yet another problem...] mean I'm not likely to be doing much more in terms of fun. You know, like seawatching or heading over to the Black Hole for insane Wood Sands [3!! on Thursday, 4!!!! today] at point blank range.. 
 
So you might not be getting much variety for a while.
 
 
I can hope, though.




Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment