12 February, 2022

Back To Reality. Pt.2 There


In between bouts of Patch attention, I got out and about a bit. Looking for holes in the yearlist and generally anything wonderful I could come across.

Mixed results, with quite a lot of misses, but Spring definately Sproinging, with actual singing!!! Yes, despite the toothy wind and odd shower, I was serenaded by non-Robin birds; Skylarks [yes, plural] while ambling about country lanes.
This is actually quite special, as I'm used to only getting Skylarked up on t'Moor, so being serenaded while I squished myself into a hedge to avoid a speeding delivery van was a real treat.

Skylark!


I even hit one with the camera!!


Didn't so much as get the chance for any partridges - again - which is starting to wander towards being a little annoying. The vast volume of released 'gamebirds' knocking around, while majority Pheasants, mean there should be some. Other people are seeing them... [Stop moaning]


Anyways, as I sort-of said, I covered a lot of ground, trying the 'park up and walk' tactic - usually far superior as long as you avoid the aforementioned speeding vans [cars have better brakes and are easier to dodge, I find.... Farm vehicles are big, yes, but slow and driven by people who actually know the road and take care not to squish non-vehicular road users.. Ahem*] - at several spots. Definitely something to try again, ideally from a central point, but I didn't have the whole day [always things to do] and wasn't sure how well it'd go.

Let us put up some other 'farmland' species I got on camera;

Linnets!

Not often pictured [on here]. This is mostly as they don't set down anywhere near you! Yes, I was shooting through the top of a hedge [and one not flailed to hell, which was nice].

Bullfinch's arse

He was posing so nicely, then I zoomed in and he turned away. I'm putting the pic up anyway. Again, look at that hedge top! Farmland gets a bad press, but if it has decent hedges, and add woods, set-aside, water, etc. to increase the effect, you can find birds.
Just watch out for traffic.




Be Seeing You...





[[* It is perhaps revealing to point out that despite being an inveterate pedestrian - often on roads rarely walked by sane most people - I have only ever been hit by vehicles twice. Both were bicycles.** ]]
[[** Yes, yes, you normally only get hit by a lorry once.... ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment