21 July, 2022

Patch Gubbins. Pt.2, I Had To Look Up The Title, Too...


I also had to look up exactly where I'd reached in my oh-so-busy schedule to work out what needed putting in here, but hey, what the what.


[[Well, the abuse of 'proper' English is still here, at least...]]



But where to start?

How's about this?

I was wondering why the aphids were
looking so relaxed...

Yes, that is a ladybird larva. Supposed to be ravening predators of aphids, but here they've [yes, 'they'] discovered that discarded crumbs of fat are a much bigger meal than any aphid, don't have to be hunted down, and perhaps most importantly, aren't guarded by hordes of frenzied ants!

Crumbs pecked off the fat block feeder by the Blackbirds [yes, and they cling on to do it, too], fall on the low leaves of my potted Willows, and, well...
 
 
ID Challenge!

Yes, I still do get to the Nose - sometimes... - and here's a cute ickle juvenile for you.

But what species is it?


Orange-legged Furrow Bee [?]

This teeny gem came to see me whilst seawatching and as zog-all was passing at sea, I had to give it a zap.  :)

Hummingbird Hawkmoth

Another seawatching distraction.  :)

The Nose is a
good place for them

Marbled White

Pretty good for these, too.


In preparation for future posts...

I was looking for moffs when I found something else. It had to be photo'd and included.

Observe;

Cirque du Slugei


Under an overhang, with neither hidey-hole nor potential food source anywhere near.

Slugs...



Ahem.


Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment