15 November, 2017

Sic!prise At Work


Gazing out of the window on my lunch break, as I do every day, I actually saw something good!

As you might have guessed from my awful pun of a title, we're talking Hawfinches here. :D

So. A flock of passerines hove into view, got ever closer, I went from casual curiosity to ever-mounting excitement at the big bulky bodies, wide wings, sawn-off tails, massive heads and ridiculous nutcrackers attached to them!!

They then plonked into the treetops maybe 50m away - oh for optics! Oh for a camera! Perhaps it is for the best that they didn't stay long; heading off east, but there were 16 of them!

Wooooooo.......

:D



[Of note, I have yet to see even one on Patch. Ever. ]
[Of further note, I do not publicise my workplace; all I will say is that the nearest river is the Teign]

No comments:

Post a Comment