01 March, 2018

In Like A Lion


What a day.


I haven't seen this much snow on Patch since 1987 and now we have an ice storm on top of it.


It took me more than five hours to get home from work today - a journey of normally 20 minutes - with my car not making it all the way. I do love snowy hills, really I do.



Ok, enough depression.

On the plus side, before the madness descended, I got not one but two Work Ticks this morning, with 2 Lapwing and 3 Canada Goose flying over west [well, I'd be shocked if they were going east.!]. Also, the snow means I no longer have to be so worried about my pond - the ice needed the scary end of the hammer this morning, btw - and can concentrate on providing provisions. The favourites feeder was nigh on empty when I finally got in, and I managed to get it refilled before it started raining and freezing, too.

Small victories.


Be Seeing You..


No comments:

Post a Comment