04 March, 2018

What'll We Do Tonight, Brain?


The same thing we do every night, Pinkie. Try to take over the world!!


:D


Flashback aside, that'll be the only smile you get from this one. Yes, I braved the wind to head up to Powderham Bend Saturday week, to look for what would be only my second Devon Pink-footed Goose. Yes, a Pinkie!


Stop groaning.

It was very distant, best seen from the very wobbly bridge in the wind's blast, and was very good at hiding behind folds, tussocks, and Canada Geese, also putting its head down when I took a picture.

Yeah, these ain't pretty...

The view from the bridge

They are out there.

Add some zoom

Nope? You needed a good set of optics. Ideally a huge scope. Which was fortunate, as I had 75 lovely x's with me.. :)

Unfortunately, my camera doesn't play well with itself, let alone others, so you'll have to put up with its best...

Observe, regardez, with Canadas and Greylags [plus Brents and a Barnacle out of shot] are two white morph Snow Geese and a Pink-footed Goose! Yes, six flavours in one field!

Can you tell which is which?





Yes, they are awful. No, I didn't go back when it started tarting about right by the lane. No, I won't inflict any more on you.

Well, Pinkie shots anyway...


Showing much better



The mighty raptor stoops upon its hapless prey..



...Oh 
[Apex predator? My bleep!]



Glorious view, though.

Best shot I got

Right then, before we get to the big show - and very big and showy it was, too - I have a small [ok technically not small] thing to put up. These are perhaps among my worst record shots.Which is saying a lot, I know.

As far away and up sun as it could get

It showed far better when it flew in
[camera in pocket then, of course]

Ok, quite enough of that [and sorry Ivan!]

The main show was the kind of Brent that doesn't have Greenpeace all up in your grill. There were an awful lots of them about, and oh they were purdy. Here goes;

Brent Goose













Only downside being the blimmin' speedboat which went right through them [slowly, but still] to cause the display.. :(

Oh well.


The sun was bright, the wind was cold [a them of the weekend], and updates will continue now my photos work again.


[Stop groaning, really]


Be Seeing You..




No comments:

Post a Comment