11 May, 2019

A Day Late


Ho Ho.

So, after reports of up to four Spoonbills on Exminster on Thursday, I couldn't not amble over on Friday to have a look.

Needless to say, the new number was zero.

Hmm.

But there were a few birds there, and the odd one even got in the way of my camera.

Seeing as my plans were thoroughly kiboshed by yet another utterly inaccurate weather forecast, at least outside the Patch - apparently inside it it was spot on..?!?!? - I made do with what I could.

Right;

Sedge Warbler

Shockingly, my autofocus even behaved on odd occasions. These two taken through reeds swaying in the 'fresh' breeze ['light variable' according to the MO]

"Laaa!"

"Nah mate, I'm a Whitethroat"

One day a Cetti's will do this


Spoonbill substitute

Hobby!

Amazingly still catching insects

[It was brisk, to say the least and that's cloud there]

Neeeeeeeeeeeeooowwww!

More shock as my camera gets actual pictures. Not very sharp, but still.

"Are those sammiches?"

I even resorted to checking Topsham. No Spoonbill. Very little of anything, in fact, though a fly through Yellow Wag [it'd have stayed if there were coobeasties, I'm sure] was a first for the year.

Awwww

Mutes are so cute when they're ickle.

Mum showed off her Bling

First repeat c/r on here [if you look back far enough]

Blackcap

First thing I went down to the Nose - in more hope than anything else. Absolutely no migrants at all.

Goldfinch munching Dandelion seeds

Whitethroat

"Craa! Craa! Craa!"

Dunnock

Count the blobs;
honest, they're Guillemots!


You had to have some blobs.

Be grateful there's no gulls.


Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment