20 March, 2020

By The Plym


I went looking  for a Ross' Gull. In a shock turn of events, I not only saw it but saw it well and for a while and right away.

Feeling shocked [I'm sure you're shocked I was shocked about being shocked..], I took an amble about nearby Saltram, and eventually found Ring-necked Parakeets, which after even longer gave quite good views. In between I found where the Mandarin and Red-crested Pochard - oft mentioned and indeed photo'd - lurk and was.. well I was shocked.
[[I'm stopping]]


You'll see....

But first, to the star;

Ross' Gull

There may be a few of these coming...

Nice grey spots, 
but no hint of a collar

In flight

Photobomb attempt

Cute

Very cute



While wandering about the Saltram estate in search of squeakytoy birds, I found a few other things of interest. Not least some rather rubber duckies on a pond;

Wait..is that, are those...??

This is literally next to the gift shop, people.

So purdy

Showoff..

Red-crested Pochard

You know, I'm really torn here. Should I go with "To think, I trolled all the way up north to get this sp. when there was one tarting about a NT gift shop pond"  or  "Ok, anyone yearticking this has nothing to say about Black Swans."

:)

Gorgeous viewing, though.

Right then,

Ring-necked Parakeet

Vocal but naughty by the 'hide' [it's a blind], but when I found a nest hole, they were easier to catch;

At least six in the tree

"I still reckon we could find somewhere bigger and nearer the shops.."


Blaxton Meadow wader roost

Spot the Whimbrel... Oh wait, you can't. [Drat]

They have fancy pants benches

Genteel woods



Aside from the teeming meeeeeellions of dog walkers.. and getting quite rained on as I was heading back to my car, it was a most pleasing trip.

:)


Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment