23 March, 2020

Triple Blob Action!


The yearlist commanded and I could but obey...
[Yes, finally got to posting this!]


So it was that after I was sure the rain had taken a tea break I headed up to Labrador Bay to see if that frickin' drake Surf Scoter [and bonus friends] would play.

In a shock move, he didn't fly off just as I arrived [you may recall that's what he did at Broadsands.. :( ]. He was, though, an awful way out, and the height of the cliffs [best described as 'yiiiiikes'] didn't help. I did not fear yomping down to the edge [which is a loooong way below the car park, let me tell you]. From where I got much better views, and when my autofocus would let me [when the Sun came out, so did the local midge swarm, and it preferred locking onto them than distant things on the sea...] I took a lot of blobs.

Let me share them with you [[Don't bother trying to escape, I've already locked you in ;) ]]


Looking back Patch-wards

Nice profile view of the Nose, there.


But we are here for blobs I am asserting are sea ducks, so I'd better get with them;

2cy male Velvet and 3cy male Surf Scoters

Really!

Velvet [l] and Surf

Ditto

Plus a Great Northern Diver

Adult male Long-tailed Duck

And again


Aren't they brilliant?

Cirl Bunting

Bit closer and more static.. :)

Green Field Speedwell

Much better views.


Through the scope, especially when the Sun deigned to shine, the birds were glorious and if it were not for their persistent mobility [even when not actively diving] I'd have digiscope shots to prove it.

Well worth the yomp back up the hill, oh yes.  :D


Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment