28 April, 2021

Getting Back Out There. Part 2; Wild Times


After a day's break to make sure things hadn't gotten worse - all seemed good* - I was off up out for a proper walk. Where else was I going but my favourite bit of t'Moor?


The White Moor Circle


I've shown you enough Wild Tor pictures over the years, I think. :)

The wind was brisk and toothy, but the sun was warm and the going - what with all this drought - was good. There was, to my slightly amazed delight, nobody in actual kilometres [plenty up about the Wilhay / Yes Tor, along Belstone, and at Scorhill, but very few 'away from the hot spots'] and I - trying hard to not do too much - spent two whole hours sat at Wild Tor with only the birds for company. 

Yeah, it was a terrific effort that; sitting about listening to Skylarks, watching the world not go by, and being driven slightly nuts by a very mobile Wheatear... ;)
Speaking of;

Spot the Wheatear

Ah, but the music of wind and Skylark......



Eventually I moved on, via Watern Tor and the pole bridge over Teign to Shovel Down. More Wheatears in the rocky and wall-y bits lower down; more confiding, though less Whinchatty.

"What's that?!?"

The Navy's.. Lost???
Merlin.
 
Messing about and seemingly playing S&R with a friend;

Wildcat


After the Puma nonsense at Vitifer, this seemed to be pushing things a bit, but nm. [Though this is now all three services in three consecutive wokkas...]


Earlier, I had a great start to my walk with;

A Red start to the day..
[groan]

Up on top, a golden surprise;

Golden Plovers

There were 13 of them, in a mix of plumages, as you can see.


It was quite difficult to restrain myself from the temptation to go on and on; I did 17km but could easily have added another 10 on top of that. No, don't go up Hangingstone Hill, don't go to Cranmere, don't nip over to Fernworthy....

Hmm.

But my little pains are taking a long time to go away, so I have to try my best to behave.

[Yes, it does indeed suck]

Unlike being up on t'Moor, which was woooooooonderful!
:D



Be Seeing You...




[[* I will stop going on about this soon, I promise. ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment