01 April, 2021

Oh Yeah, I Did Actually See Something On Sunday...


Back when it was overcast and windy, remember that?

I had Something Important to do in the morning but yomped over to the Nose in the afternoon with li'l scope [as I was taking supplies so had the rucksack anyway]. It was very windy [did I already say that?] but still people found the time to be exactly where I didn't want them to be... Arg and other comments.

The female Blackstart lived*, but was flushed out of the Quarry again - though inshore this time! - by an actual person looking at the geology! I was so surprised I didn't even curse him for disturbing her or being exactly where any Wheatears should be.. [Much]
 
Gannets were cruising about and much easier to shoot than the lone Sarnie which made near warp speed in the hoolie [yes, I did mention it was windy] , thus this;

Oooh, that's almost good.


As is usually the case, hard work required. After thus much messing about, I caught the reported Wheatear in view. Briefly. Even more nonsense and I got it sitting down. For a moment, as it got distrurbed by another. 

Wait a mo'-

Two males chasing each other?? Wasn't it a female The Teacher had?

Oh, lookit;

Spot The Wheatears!

Yup, really.

Four Wheatears along the Sole cliffs, being very mobile...

I had a scope with me, so naturally had a look to see what was flying by, but got no more Sarnies or anything else of note.

Until I was leaving, that is, when looking back from the Blasted Heath at the gulls cowering on the Lead Stone, something shot by! I got on it too late to be certain, but then two more appeared and yes, Sand Martins!!
Patch gooooold!!  :D

[How much? I've seen more SwallowxHouse Martins than Sandies here. Really.]




Coming Up in Backward Birding...

  • Closer To Home; assorted clingons
  • More Flowers
  • More Moaning



You know you love it.



Be Seeing You...

 
 
 

[[* I think I might have missed a bit out....]

No comments:

Post a Comment