27 January, 2019

Always Check Your Pics Straight Away


So I couldn't resist my first Friday - hours having been changed back on me - of weekday birding. Shouldn't have, knew I'd suffer for it, wasn't wrong, but oh I did have some fun at the time. Well, once I'd got the wire off my car, anyway...*

But this is a short post because the main one won't be ready today and I've seen that I really ought to have put something up on Friday because for once something actually was in shot and in more-or-less focus. I honestly thought that I'd missed it - focus issues again - and in my defence I was rather knackered having been up since the day before, so going though all the group shots wasn't priority No.1 - that was finally getting my Catch-Ups finished... I can only apologise.


Enough messing about, the site was Portworthy, the time was about 10 minutes after the two cars of birders had left**, the location was the gulls up the top end, and what I got a picture of was this;

For non-laridophiles,
it's the one at the front.

Of course, it wasn't going to pose still and side on. Also, range and a nastily gusting and rather frigid wind didn't help, but for a hand-held pocket camera over that range, it's not bad. You can see what you need to see, right down to lanky legs!

:D



Be Seeing You...



[[*It's a story that will be told]]

[[**Very kindly waiting to make sure I got on the RCP, but seemingly didn't feel like yomping up the verge to stand in the wind's blast and check through the gulls. Ouch.]]

No comments:

Post a Comment