01 January, 2019

The Glorious First


I didn't mean to chase a Big Day. Really.

Yes, I was fully aware heading Exe-wards after checking the Nose was asking for trouble, but I couldn't help it...


Things started well [or badly] with the year getting off to the good start: No.1 species for the year; Tawny Owl - doing it again :D

My last species for the day came over as I was heading back from the back of Broadsands car park [whatever was I doing there? ::whistles innocently::]

I'm sure you all know what this is, right?
 
[It's a Kestrel]


That would be No. 105.


BOOM!
:D


Between Home, the Nose, various bits of the Exe, Yarner*, and Broadsands, I managed to not only get to the Ton, but past my record too! [Ok, said record was only 101, but still]

Of note;

Ruff at Bowling Green
[It's in the middle]

Goosander off the Goatwalk
[It's in the middle, too]

Black-necked Grebe off Broadsands

1w Red-necked Grebe off Elberry
[It is there. Facing left]

Mandarin-free zone at Yarner



I'm still not chasing a Devon yearlist. Doing so would require my being in Plimoth tomorrow, and that is not happening.


What will be happening is more posting. When I get time and am not knackered.


That might not be tomorrow, either.


Be Seeing You...
[Eventually]


[[*Once I realised quite how well things were going, I figured I might as well go for it properly]]

No comments:

Post a Comment