20 September, 2019

A Stroll By Teign


Yes, I dropped the the. Blame too much Tolkien too young.  :D


Went for a very pleasant half day amble with the folks. We had lunch at Fingle, then wandered down to Clifford, then on the way back turned off up a track to a quiet spot* for afternoonses. All very civilised. Well, apart from Her Terribleness... :)

Teign and the Terror-er

All very pretty.

Trees!
[Ahem]

Scenic

Birds?

Dipper!

"I'm done posing"

It was, however, mostly about fungi, as a whole heap had popped up [the mix of rain and heat clearly doing them good].

Make room for the mushrooms!!!
[Ahem.]

 Ochre Brittlegill
[though it's a pale one and looks a bit like
R. raoultii]

Boletus sp.


Sulphur Tuft

Scaly Earthball

Er..

Add name

Oilslick Brittlegill

Pestle Puffball

Inocybe sp.**
[I. godeyi, cookei, or patouillardii]

Cep
[Rather munched, alas]

I think this is a parasitic fungus growing on something else??

Third Boletus sp.

And a fourth Boletus!
[Buff cap + red stem is not in my book..]


We had a lovely afternoon, even allowing for me scampering off after fungi every few minutes..! Even the Little Black Dog behaved herself. Mostly. Spending much time doing her 'self-propelled woodchipper' routine.. :)


Be Seeing You...


[[* Ie., where LBD couldn't see anything she might want to bark at...]]
[[** Tough one, showing characters of each spp. Also, stuff official names, I like the one I learned it as from Collins Gem! ;) ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment