20 September, 2019

The Northwest Passage


What to do with my last weekday?

The traditional walk, of course, with NE winds and light cloud forecast; Fur Tor.


A good call, as despite Postbridge being quite busy, I hardly saw a soul all day; just a couple of runners in the distance. I heard a fair bit, as the Army were playing with their GPMGs on Willsworthy - you could hear firing then hits [nice neat bursts] pretty much all the way - but nothing else, and in the gaps it was silent but for wind and Mipits. :D

Meadow Pipit

Yes, opening up with a Mipit. There were hordes of them about, including big groups moving through together. And this one really posed beautifully, didn't it?

I wandered over, sat for a couple of hours, then wandered back. It was a little damper under foot than over the high Summer, but not enough to offer difficulties. I still felt my legs more than I used to; I fear it's true, I'm getting old.  ::Sigh::

Anyways, here's some more pictures of scenery and wildlife, mobile and less so;

The Waterfall

All very pretty

Fur Tor from Cut Hill
This is one of the few angles where the optical illusion doesn't work; you can see the Wilhay is higher than Yes Tor [off there on the right horizon]

Up close and personal

Distant Wheatear

Close Wheatear

Male Reed Bunting

Female Reed Bunting

The inevitable Mipit

So many, in the end one posed fairly close

Panaeolus sp.


You know what it is


I'm facing a bit of a quandry with the blog. I have an awful lot of fungi which need names to be properly put up, but IDs take a lot of time and aren't always possible, sometimes even to family. So, yes, you're going to see a lot more of that up there 'insert name here' or some possibly allegedly humourous version thereof coming up.

Or you can just look at them, go 'ooh' or 'ugh' or 'whatever', and move on.

I fully intend to get to them all properly.

Eventually.

At some point.

In the future.

This year.

Probably.


Hopefully.

No, this year, if not perhaps all this month.




Anyways. I went to Fur Tor, it was lovely.


Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment