01 January, 2020

The Glory-ish First, (AKA Running Around In The Mistyfog)


It's a marathon, not a sprint.

This is what I kept telling myself today.

Unlike last year, when I was resolutely not chasing anything, this year I am after my personal Devon record [which is at least 12 off the old* real Devon record, as I am; a) employed in the real world, and more importantly b) nowhere near that good]

So, unlike 1/1/19, where I wasn't really trying [at least for the first few hours...] and walloped 105 spp., this time I was more persistent going after trickier ones [and ok, was somewhat hampered by the weather] and wound up with 93 spp. No haring off to Yarner and ending the day as darkness fell at Broadsands, oh no, this year I ended the day at Dawlish Warren, trying and failing to find RTD - among a sea {ho ho} of GCGs - after finally tracking the Eider down [it was hiding well south of Langstone Rock, the git].


'Scenic' pics**

Not that misty...

Matfog Marsh

Lots of Blackwits at Bowling Green

Nice weather for ducks at Exminster

Who pulled the plug out?
at Cockwood

Spot the Red-throated Diver
off Dawlish Warren
[No really, can you? I couldn't]

Avocets

Spot The Sprawk 1

Spot The Sprawk 2

Wigeon

1w Dark-bellied vs Pale-bellied Brent Geese

Song Thrush

1w Shoveler [dark iris]

Variation in Canadas


Ok, that's far too many. I'll even spare you the awful record shots of R-B Merg and Slav...!


Still to come; Hollydays on the Patch, and Tarting About On The Moor. [Can't wait, can you? ;) ]





Be Seeing You...



[[*How many did MB get in 2019?? Also, did IL and/or KR break it again in 2018?? I can't remember...]]
[[**All photos taken in awful low light, so.. well. Sugary... ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment