14 March, 2021

Coo! What A Wakeup


I got a surprise when I drew my balcony curtains this morning!

This was at the second attempt [with feeders right outside, I have to check carefully nobody's using them before opening up. I'm too nice...], and I was most-way through when I suddenly noticed a bird right down in the corner. Pigeon?? Wait a minute... I froze. Backed up out of sight carefully, then scuttled off for my camera!

Aiming it around the edge of the half-drawn curtains, I got a photo, then backed off again.

Why?

This!

Awful picture, wonderful bird!

Yes, through the reflections and out of focus, but you see, it's a Stock Dove!!!

Maybe it was passing, saw some Woodpigs coming in and thought 'Well, if they're going there...'  ??
I've never even seen one from Home, never mind got one to land in my little skygarden..?!? Never mind, I'll take it. :D

Alas, though, all my precautions were of little avail, as within 20 seconds of my taking that shot and backing off, a gull flew low past and it flushed like a rocket... [Very impressive takeoff, much faster and cleaner than the Woodpigs and Ferals]

[In case anyone is wondering, to the right of the bird is the end of my wintering insect shelter - wedged between two planters - made of pruned twigs and the mass of assorted grasses and so on that grew from discarded seed... Reuse, recycle, etc.! ]



Still, a good way to start the day.


As for the rest? That'll be coming along.


[Yes, I know I have a backlog. Plus ca change and so on...]



Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment