16 March, 2021

More From The Nose. [Including Horrible Blobs...]


The wind doth blow, the rain doth fall.. Well, the rain doth try to fall and usually winds up hitting something, just not underneath where it started...


Things to Do saw me getting down to the Nose on Friday afternoon and not early, either. It was blowy in a southerly manner and I wasn't expecting much on land and so wasn't disappointed.

On the sea I counted 5 GNDs and a GC Grebe, plus a Razorbill.

Well out, a scallop dredger was headed southwards with a large train of gulls and Gannets in tow. I gave it a good look, because what else is one to do, and caught something else with them. A salvo of photos amazingly caught a bit of it, too;

Follow the line of birds back left..
Keep going..
See the raised dark wing with the flash?
 
 
Yup, that's a Pom, that is!!!

:D

This was at about a mile out, too....

Heh heh.

Can you spot it in this one?
 
 
A day later and a lot closer to;

Saturday Sarnie

There, isn't that better? I really rather like this one [markedly sharper than the one I put up on the day, but that made a better thumbnail.. What can you do?] just look at those primaries! :)

 
The best-behaved GND


4 GNDs and no sign of the grebe on said Saturday, Razorbill and a couple of Guillemot on the sea with them. A Chiffchaff's been lurking about the First Slope, mostly around the entrance to the Top Dell. [Ie. the usual spot for them] and Mipits continue overhead northish in small numbers.


Coming up;  More from The Nose [oh what a surprise, will your hearts take the shock??] as four visits in as many days give.. Oh wait and see.



Finally:
I am, you may be concerned to hear, seriously considering getting a bit more geological. Rocks are far more reliable than birds, and tend to photograph better, too. [Very rarely able to fly off...] The Nose is chock full of lovely geology - it's the geological version of a World Heritage Site, after all - so I've lots to inflict upon you tell you about. [Yes, long-term masochists readers will recall with horror that I have done so on occasions in the past.]

If the Wheatears don't get their alabaster behinds into gear, I may have to switch emphasis. After all, it's all very samey - odd surprises aside - and with that comes staleness and apathy and that's how blogs die.

Reader feedback is encouraged [I've found and - I hope - turned off that captcha abomination they put in without telling me, btw], with bribes always considered and pleas for mercy always appreciated...  >:)



Be Seeing You...

No comments:

Post a Comment