16 March, 2021

Pretty Pictures, Also Other Stuff


Right then.


This is an interesting sort of post, in that I'm not quite sure what's going into it even as I write it.

Will this intro even survive the laughable excuse I use for editing?

Who knows?  [Time travellers, possibly, but that gets very quantum very quickly and nobody needs causative paradoxes at any hour]



So, I promised pretty pictures, and those you do get, I know because they're here;

Purple and white Crocus


These are without doubt the bestest ones.

Wow

It's such a pity how soon they get trampled...

[You could get all poetic and make an argument about the fleeting nature of beauty at this point]

Purple and purple Croci
[also Daffydowndillies]

I took those while running an errand. Because some things need a detour for.



Right. Pretty stuff over, serious face on.


My updating extended beyond the weekend for last week due to me taking some time off work. Holiday to use up and so on [can't think why I've not been keen on using it?] was only part of it, as Duty called.

No need for details, suffice to say I had to go to a funeral upcountry*. This meant getting driven up the M5 and I'm straining to remember the last time that happened. The luxury to just stare out the window looking for birds [er, a moving car's window, that is. I stare out of other windows looking for birds all the time. .].  Even if it was under the circumstances you really don't want.


Thus we have something that's both relevant to this here blog and appropriate to share;

It was a sunny day, cold start, with light winds and the odd cloud later on. Good weather for raptors? Yup.
 
Numbers:
11 Buzzards, 4 Kestrels, 2 Red Kites.
 
Also of note were Stock Dove and Green Woodpecker.



Be Seeing You...





[[ * See? I'm not being circumspect due to breaking the rules, {I'm sure someone out there was thinking that} I was obeying them. And no, we did not detour at all, let alone many miles out of our way to Exmouth. ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment