25 March, 2021

It's Not Just About The Visitors


It's not just fruitlessly seeking Wheatears, you know. Before I finally found a Wheatear, I did see the odd other interesting thing at the Nose. Cue some pictures.


Sometimes you meet one of the residents in a helpful mood and well, stuff like this happens;
 
Rockit in golden sunshine
:)
 
 Time for your closeup, sweetie...

Preening not posing, honest

"See?"

Now compare to

Gloomy shot

This is the 'pale-bellied' Rockit that lives at the Nose. [Actually very white underneath - that grey look to the flank/belly is an artifact - and looks quite Watery at times. {No it's not; olive rump, see?} ]


Rubbish pipits aside [groan], an even junkier bird does look quite good in the sunshine;

"I'm so shiiiny!"

"Oi, Cloud!  Bugger off!!"

And one I want to get in the sunhine is this;

Ninja Pheasant

This dark one - note no neck ring - is verrrrry sneaky and hard to photo. I will get him properly eventually [without scenery in the way, I have plenty of those...].


And finally [for now], something completely different;

Here Be Dragon


I had written a quite long and reasonably technical blurb on why I called Dragon a light AA vessel in my last post, but I realise most if not all of my readers don't really care that much.. [A very short version is here*] So, lookit, it's a funky-looking ship with a big red dragon on the front!


More posting will be coming along soon, honest.



Be Seeing You...



[[* Note lack of SSM; even the popgun Harpoon, let alone land-attack. A destroyer cannot be called such without at least over the horizon anti-surface capability - it's part of the job description - and don't go on about helicopters; as while air-launched AShM may 'count', we don't have any. And what we have in near-readiness is far too light to deal with anything bigger than an IRG swarmboat...]]

No comments:

Post a Comment